Good Morning, NHB!
Thanks for a great rehearsal! I love hearing our progress from week to week:)
A few notes:
- Lyrics to the Space Force Song:
Thanks for sharing, Ron!
- Lyrics to “I Vow to Thee, My Country”:
- Holst Informal Info:
- played the trombone! Why? Because he suffered from numbness in one of his arms and couldn’t play piano.
- hated the fame that the Planets brought! Why? Because it interfered with his writing and teaching.
- wrote Mars! Why? To portray the realities of war and not the glories
- didn’t write Pluto! Why? Because it hadn’t yet been discovered (or, maybe. he. just. knew.)
- people scoffed when lyrics were added to Jupiter! Why? I don’t know. Holst fully supported the idea of adding the lyrics to I Vow to Thee My Country.
I find Holst and his works fascinating! Check out the links:
- Gustav Holst: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Holst
- Episode 6: The Planets by Gustav Holst: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCx07wv1Pk
Our Schedule for Tuesday is below.
See you Tuesday… Thanks for doing what you can to make it to rehearsal! For those who can’t come, take pictures of the costumes or your travels!
aka Thing (Fantastic 4)
Sectionals to Start at 6:30pm (and go until 7:25pm – Finish with Last full Measure so Percussion is set up)
Break 5 minutes
Large Group Rehearsal: Run-through ALL
(If you need to be late to rehearsal due to the holiday, perhaps you can make it to the second half.)
Concert and Rehearsal order:
- Last Full Measure 6” (I may run this one twice.)
- In the Mood 4” (listen to the tubas!)
- The Great Locomotive Chase 6” (practice intro, work on dramatic dynamic changes)
- Tears of the Arizona 2”
- The British Are Coming 4”
- I Vow to Thee 3” (Combined)
- In Honor 6” (a bit quicker this time, stay the same tempo at the 6/8, practice standing while playing)
- (We won’t be performing Military Escort in 5 Ways)