Rehearsals — What to Expect
Our rehearsals are friendly, no-pressure times to learn more about playing your instrument, what it’s like to play with a group, and experience the joy of making music with others! The first hour of each rehearsal is a sectional, where participants are broken into smaller groups by instrument. Sectional time is used for group instruction/lessons and practice. During the second half of the rehearsal, participants come together and rehearse musical selections as a full group.
UPCOMING SESSION DATES, TIMES & LOCATION
- Winter 2023 Rehearsals: Jan. 10 - Feb. 28 (no concert)
- Spring 2023 Rehearsals: Mar. 14 - May 16 | Concert: May 20, 2pm (concert time to be verified)
Rehearsal Summary for All Sessions:
- Day: Tuesday evenings
- Time: 6:30pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Xavier Middle School — 2626 N. Oneida St., Appleton (corner of N. Oneida St. and Northland Ave. (Cty. Rd. OO))
*Please use the building entrance facing N. Oneida St.
*You can park in the parking lot fronting the building or in the strip mall directly across the street
Important Information to Know
Please bring the following to each rehearsal.
- Your instrument (in playable condition)
- A pencil
- Your music (once you’ve received it)
- Water bottle (public drinking fountains may not be available)
- Additional items may be added based on COVID-19-related protocols – see below.*
NHBFV Cancelation Policy: Click here to read about our cancelation policy.
Because we care about the health and safety of all our Band program participants, we strongly urge everyone registering to be vaccinated.
NHBFV COVID-19 Protocols – as of April 2022
Based on recent CDC guideline changes, the NHBFV Executive Committee has approved the following protocols. These protocols are subject to change without advance notice.
- Maintaining a minimum social distance of three feet is requested and highly recommended.
- Face masks are appreciated, but not required. As we respect each other’s different comfort levels around the pandemic, face mask wearing will always be welcome at any of our rehearsals or concerts.
- Bell Covers: Bell covers are required. A bell cover can be provided for those who need one.
- Puppy Pads (are required – and will be provided): All wind instruments that need clearing should be drained onto a puppy pad (or similar item) to catch the fluid contents of the instrument and then be discarded at home when necessary.
- Percussion (highly recommended): Percussionists should minimize the sharing of drumsticks and mallets whenever possible and use hand sanitizer when moving from one percussion station to the next BEFORE handling additional sticks, mallets or equipment.
Hand Hygiene (highly recommended)
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be provided at weekly rehearsals.
- We recommend sanitizing your hands when arriving for rehearsal and at each rehearsal break.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after using the toilet, before returning to the rehearsal space.
- As much as is possible, do NOT touch your face.